Invest in Your Future
The Murfreesboro Police Department is growing and constantly working to become a stronger, more dedicated force that is truly committed to Honor, Integrity, Service and Courage. We are making great strides in protecting and serving our community.
Typically, new officers are assigned to patrol, however, Murfreesboro Police offers opportunities for specialized assignments in the following areas:
- Special Operations Unit (SOU)
- School Resource Officer (SRO)
- Honor Guard
- Community Oriented Policing (C.O.P.S.)
- Aggressive Driving Enforcement Unit
- Directed Patrol
- Firearms Instructor
- Field Training Officer (FTO)
- Murfreesboro Police Alcohol Countermeasures Team (MPACT)
- F.A.CT. (Fatal Accident Crash Team)
- Critical Incident Team (CIT)
- Narcotics and others
- Competitive Salary
- 401K and 457B
- Eleven Paid Holidays
- Sick Time
- Life Insurance
- Fit for Success Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
PHYSICAL ABILITY TEST
The first step to becoming a recruit officer, applicants must complete a physical ability test within five (5) minutes. View video below to see the layout of the obstacle course.
POST Certified Police Officer
MPD is continuously accepting applications for Tennessee POST certified police officers. To apply CLICK HERE. Post Certified Police Officer
State-of-the-Art Police Headquarters
The Murfreesboro Police Department Headquarters building is a state-of-the-art 135,614 square foot building which includes many amenities and technical capabilities:
- Fitness Center
- In-door firing range
- A 300-degree Training Simulator for virtual officer scenario training.
- Multi-Training Rooms
- Crime Lab/Forensics Lab
- Massive evidence storage area
- An 80-seat Community Room to right of the main lobby with a large video screen for presentations and engaging the community.
- Emergency Operations Center (EOC)
- A 9-1-1 Communications Center
For more information concerning employment at the Murfreesboro Police Department, contact Linda O'Brien with Police Human Resources at (629) 201-5586, email Linda O'Brien at email@example.com, Lieutenant Garry Carter at (629) 201-5569, email firstname.lastname@example.org or Sgt. Amy Denton at (629) 201-5580 or email email@example.com.
As an equal opportunity employer, the City of Murfreesboro embraces diversity and the fair and equitable treatment of its employees. This City does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age disability, or veteran status in providing services, programs, activities, or employment opportunities and benefits.