The latest edition of "In the City" is available for viewing via YouTube and other platforms for the month of December. The latest episode of "In the CIty" with Michael Linn White features "Coldest Nights," a Historical Marker to Mary Ellen Vaughn, more.
The December 2020 edition with Michael Linn White is available on YouTube at "In the City" The December 2020 edition of “In the City,” airing on CityTV throughout the month, features:
- Cannonsburgh Village lights up for the holidays with a free and safe drive-through Christmas lights display through Dec. 20th. Rachel Singer says Parks & Rec is proud to introduce the display with plans for an annual tradition.
- “Coldest Nights” and every night in December aren’t as cold when local agencies work together with Murfreesboro Rescue Mission, First Baptist Church and St. Paul’s Episcopal Church to keep the homeless warm and fed https://youtu.be/DebllfNRQAM.
- An important historical figure, Mary Ellen Vaughn (1893-1953), is honored with the unveiling of the newest TN Historical Marker in Murfreesboro https://youtu.be/Zzx1l4INbW4.
- A destructive Asian insect has its sights on select Middle Tennessee trees. What you need to know about the Emerald Ash Borer from City Arborist Kane Adams and Natural Resource Manager Kristin Hopkins is “In the City.”
- Guided Hikes to pristine Tennessee locations are available through Murfreesboro Parks & Recreation. Let Christina Lipscomb and Wilderness Station be your guide https://youtu.be/yh27xWRYSGs.
- Sports*Com is your source for getting fit. Meet Exercise Instructors Kellie Craig, Mariann Markovits, Angelique Roseman to get your body moving and muscles growing https://youtu.be/PGGYQoCG7pE.
“In the City” is hosted and produced by award-winning multimedia journalists Michael Linn White and Steve Burris every month in the studios located at Murfreesboro City Hall.
The December 2020 episode is airing on CityTV throughout the month or anytime on YouTube and Facebook. The magazine show airs every day at 8:00 a.m., 6:30 p.m., and 10:30 p.m. on Channel 3. “In the City” also airs on Comcast Xfinity Channels 3 and 1094, Channel 99 on AT&T Uverse, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, and Apple TV via Cablecast Screenweave app, and YouTube.
For all the latest City news, visit www.murfreesborotn.gov or watch the most recent newsbreaks and past episodes of “In the City” on our YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/cityofmurfreesboro or https://www.murfreesborotn.gov/videos.
For City News online, visit www.Murfreesborotn.gov.